August 4, 2011

Less Than A Week!

Hi, I'm Lindsey, and I'm a chicken with it's head cut off!!

Ummm, this is an actual costume you can rent for Halloween! Hahah (source)

Haha, at least that is always what I feel like these last few days at home. I can't tell you how excited I am to get over to Finland and get this season going. Ok, before you call me delusional, I know I am not the one playing, but the start of the season also represents a new beginning for me as well. A new chance to get things going in our life again!

Plus, the hubs can't stop talking about how he really, really likes it there. I got a Skype tour of the apartment, which looks great. We are 4 blocks from the city center, well within walking distance...dare I say, even in snow?! The team has been more than helpful and accommodating. It is almost surreal to be treated so good. Granted, we had it pretty good last year too. But it is always a nice surprise to have the people working for team really care about you :) I haven't even met them and I am already grateful for what they have done so far.

Oh, and did I mention that the grocery store there has a giant North American section?!? Awesome. Complete with Mac and Cheese. Heaven, I'm (the hubs's) in heaven! Can you tell I am ready to get there or what.

Quick Finnish lesson: Makaronit ja Juusto = Mac and Cheese! That's not hard, right?! (source)

Even if good beer at a bar costs 7.50 Euro (SHEESH! That is over $10 a beer). Not going to think about that right now. But maybe I will start devising a plan to smuggle beer back from Germany. Ok, or maybe a bottle or two. Hey, we aren't alcoholics or anything like that, just cheap asses!

So the count down is now less than a week. Just have to take it day by day, hour by hour, agonizing minute by agonizing minute. Can I just sleep until next Wednesday?!

On another note, I know, random post today, but I don't have much else for it! All of you "Abroad Writers" have you seen this group on FTLOB?? You have to check it out! They are gathering all the bloggers who write about life abroad. What a good way to group us all together!




What else, I feel like there was something else...

Oh, I need to come up with one really good last 'American' Frackin' Friday tomorrow. Maybe I can find some good Texas cuss words that others might not know. Remember, if you have any good suggestions, send them my way. Hopefully I will be picking up Finnish cuss words in no time. Or not, don't really want them yelled at me, I guess. 

Well, still have a ton of blogs I need to get around to today. I leave the computer for a day and that always seems to be the day that everything happens online! Have a great Thirsty Thursday. I am having a Skinny Marg tonight for sure!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

27 comments:

  1. Hmm... I think that's the first time I have ever realized your name is Lindsey? It is right? Glad to know there's Mac & Cheese there! :) Have fun with your last bit in the states!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call people doylem, it's a Yorkshire word for idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you are bored...lol. I'm just wondering what you will come up with next ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop it. I need that outfit. Do the Germans have that expression? Would they get it here? Do they dress up for Halloween in Germany? Holy shiese I have lots to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man. Finland, expensive, yes. Them, and all of Scandinavia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skinny marg sounds perfect... Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should do snatch face for frackin' friday. It's one of my very favorite words. ;) I can't wait to see photos of Finland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang! Those are some crazy beer prices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about Finland. Happy packing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My best friend when I was young was Finnish. Really Finnish....like they ate even cookies with a knife and fork, and don't even TRY to remain in the sauna with her naked grandpa...that is some HOT steam! And if someone approaches you with a branch of dried leaves....frackin run!

    But, the were an absolutely lovely, loving family. Just really fantastic people who loved family, friends and life! I hope you meet lots like them during your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot! How can you get any sleep or sit still!? I would be worrying/packing/pacing non-stop before such a big move :) Can't wait to read about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Kassi - Yep, that is it! Haha, it is the little things that count, right?! Thanks!
    @Tony - I really still like that one, you should do a frackin' friday for me!
    @Wendy - haha, there is always something, isn't there?!
    @Alex - Um, I don't know if they do. But sometimes they dress up for Halloween, but most of the times not. Karnival/Fasching is sooo big there. You need to get in on that!
    @Iris - No kidding. And some how or another Finland is the least expensive. Sheesh!
    @Lora - they were delish :)
    @Jordan - Haha, that sounds awful and I simultaneously love it! lol. I can't wait to see it all too!
    @Copyboy - they are insane, really!
    @Kara - well thanks, I am counting the minutes, if you couldn't tell ;)
    @Rory - Cookies with a knife and fork?!? Who knew that was Finnish. And yes, I have heard don't even try to compete in the saunas. I mean, I from Texas, and there is still no way I could handle that kind of heat (and abuse, lol). I am really glad to hear that, I have heard so many good things!
    @Artsy - Haha, ants in my pants for sure. I get more excited than nervous or stress, so that is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be going out of my skin! So excited to hear about Finland!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea! I'm excited for you to go, so you must be REALLY psyched! I can't wait to hear what else is in the North American foods section haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finland seems like an awesome place to visit. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. The skinny marg sounds perfect... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW $10 you say, when my Sister would come home to visit from Europe, she would pack her suitcase with Mac n Cheese, New Brunswick Sardines, etc and one time she even took frozen "Shad"(maritime Fish), wrapped in newspaper and it was still frozen when they arrived back in Newcastle, England - the best insulator is newspaper, no matter what anyone says. You excited little philly - I am sure you are packed and just waiting to put last minute things in bags, etc. I am excited for you - sounds like a wonderful adventure. By the way, what is a skinny marg??
    Thanks, Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is amazing that the Finnish grocery store has a North American section! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That costume is amazing! And I am sorry about the beer prices, I would freaking die spending that much, Damn the Euro!! Maybe the North American grocery section has some cheapo Miller or sumthin, lol : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. The hubs and I went to Carrabba's (fancy, I know) the other night for dinner and I had myself a Skinny Margarita too!!! Not sure what made it skinny but it tasted fabulous. My massive cheese stuffed pasta probably didn't help the calorie count either. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm all excited for your upcoming arrival in Finland since we will be in the same “boat“ this season:D btw I will kickstart with your Finnish cuss words..you will hear a lot of “perkele“ especially at the games..lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like you will settle into the new place really well, hope the team does well. What team has hubby signed for so we can look out for their results?

    ReplyDelete
  23. $10 for a beer!?!? That's like £6, and you're still going over, I hope you fella appreciates such a sacrifice? Home brew maybe the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can I tell you how excited I am you'll be back in my hemisphere? Superrealhard, that's how.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am sure it is such a relief to you that all is going well so far! Makes it so much easier. And YAY for a North American section at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha, all of ya'll rock. Love all the comments. Just have been a big blogger slacker this weekend. Forgive me?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just keep breathing!! You will be across that water and in your new home before you know it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Whoomp, there it is!