"You are freakin' out...maaan"
Lots of fun things to tell ya'll. Of course none of them coming at you today.
No, not just yet anyways. But man, has the material for good blog posts been rolling in!
Let's just say I have a knot on my head to go with the story. Intriguing, no?!
In due time, in due time.
Today, my time online has been put to better use. I started looking up relaxation and stress-relieving techniques. Something to calm the anxiety during the games.
So I thought I'd share some of techniques that I came across online
(and also why I think they are bullshit :))
Tips to Relieve Stress:
- Meditation: Adopting meditating techniques like yoga and tai-chi have proved to be very beneficial to people. Meditating for some time, everyday, leads to general peace and helps to curb anxiety and panic.
Um, I'm sorry. I think I might get more pissed at myself if I took even 30 minutes every day to hum on the carpet. I could be doing more important things...like making margaritas to help curb the stress.
|Get off your bum and make me a drink! (source)|
- Focus on deep, rhythmic breath: Altering your breathing instantly alters your mental, physical and emotional state!
Again, no. Trust me, it feels way better to hold your breath. You may even feel a little light headed after a while. You'll be thankful for this free high.
- Limit the intake of beverages and strong stimulants: Cut out anything containing alcohol and caffeine, as these substances can worsen anxiety symptoms.
Ha, you're joking, right?!
- Talk to others: Connecting with a friend or family member and sharing your anxieties can be a great way to get insight, advice and to alleviate some of your stress.
I am not sure that they want to hear all the thoughts in my mind at that moment. Best keep it to myself.
- De-stress with a soothing bath: Take a hot bath with essential oils and water. Or go in for aromatherapy.
Yeah, that is what I need. To be nervous and smelling like some hippie.
|Someone might want to check on this lady, I think she died. (source)|
- Count to 10: Sometimes anxiety can take over and make you feel out of control. Take back control by counting to ten.
In German or English?? Either way, I don't think it will help. Except for maybe in Japanese. Their numbers sound fun!
"ichi, ni, san, shi, go, roku, shichi, hachi, ku, juu"
So yeah, don't know if these are going to do anything for me. So I made up my own.
Lindsey's simple and easy solutions to dealing with anxiety and stress!
I think all of these are waaay more helpful:
- Drink: ...lots. Caffine, alcohol, Nyquil. whatever floats your boat. The larger the quantity, the better off you will feel.
- Rock back and forth in your seat: hey, it is less crazy looking than talking and yelling at yourself. Maybe.
|Hey, it helped this lady, and it can help YOU! (source)|
- After giving it some thought, do count to 10....in Japanese. The louder the better.
- Use those fun 'Noise Sticks': They are great way to let out some of that built up anger by whacking those visiting fans that sit behind you at the game. They'll understand.
|I think I can inflict some minor damage with these bad boys (source)|
- Skip the soothing music and jam out: I like to pump it up to none other than Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. You feeling those "Good Vibrations". You better believe I am!
Peace out bloggyland, and have a good Thursday. Oh, and if you could pick one of these good luck gestures for me and do them around 8pm Central European Time, that would be great. You rock!
Frackin' Friday tomorrow, and let's hope it is a good one :)